Join me on my personal adventures in the wonderful world of the humble record. There's no final destination - just a continuous joyous journey.

The Best Fun for 20 Years



On Saturday I had the best fun since, er, Friday (twenty years ago, when I used to do this sort of thing all the time). I went to a record shop, to celebrate Independent Record Store Day. I went to Blast Records And Comics, in Braintree, Essex, and had a whale of a time rummaging through their racks and choosing fifty singles to buy. At 20p each, I thought, why not indeed?


I was delighted to find Reunion's 'Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me' - note no closure bracket - someone wasn't paying attention at the RCA Artwork Department that day back in 1974!

This single find was perfect for me, as it links in beautifully with another great discovery that I recently made, that of the Daily Vinyl Blog, run by a cool dude in Nashville.

I urge you to check it out. It's full of jolly good stuff.